Year 11 is a pivotal year in your education, in fact it’s the most important year to date. You should ensure that you take every opportunity presented to you in order to reach your full potential.
It can be both challenging and rewarding. Throughout the year you will be expected to meet many deadlines and develop your ability to manage your time effectively, while still planning for future endeavours.
We are sure that all Year 11 students will maintain the high expectations of Plympton Academy, developing on previous learning and working with each other to sustain a positive school community life. You are role models to the younger students - ensure that you are always setting a good example.
Download the GCSE guide to get help from home in the run-up to your GCSEs.
Key dates for Year 11
- 5th September: Term starts
- Thurs 22 September: Year information evening – information on Study skills, English and Maths.
- Fri 21 Oct: Non pupil day
- Wed 2 Nov: Collapsed day – careers focus
- Thurs 10 Nov: Year 11 Tutor evening – a chance to discuss your son/daughter’s progress
- Mon 21 Nov-Fri 2 Dec: GCSE Mock Exams
- Thurs 24 Nov: ‘Look to the future’ careers fair – an opportunity to talk to employers, colleges and Universities
- Thurs 15 Dec: Yr 11 Mock Results day
- Fri 16 Dec: Term ends
- 4 Jan: Term begins
- 12 Jan: Parents’ evening
- 10 Feb: Break up for February Holiday
- 20 Feb: Term 4 begins
- 13 Mar – 24 March: Year 11 March Mock exams
- 21 Mar: Collapsed day
- 31 March: Break up for Easter Holiday
- Tues 18th April: Term 5 begins
- 24th April: GCSE summer exam season begins
- 28 April: Year 11 reports home
- 26 May: Break up for May holiday
- 5th June: Term 6 begins